Can you run Android apps on a PC or Mac? Apple will tell you that you can’t. But in truth, if you get a decent emulator, you can run Android apps and games on both Windows and Mac.
But how do you find a decent emulator? There are so many to choose from. Rather than experiment with random emulators, some of which may infect your PC with malware, you might as well choose an emulator from this list:
List of Best Android Emulator for PC (Low/High-end)
You cannot talk about Android emulators without mentioning BlueStacks. This is easily the best emulator in the world. It guarantees amazing graphics and smooth performance. You can play multiple games at the same time. Gamers will appreciate the live recording and replay features.
- Easy to set up
- It is compatible with numerous Android apps
- It requires a computer with good specs. It is slow on computers that don’t have enough ram.
2. Nox Player
If you can’t use BlueStacks, Nox Player is a great alternative. It allows gamers to use external controllers. You can also customize your keyboard and mouse controls.
Despite all the features it brings to the table, the emulator is free to use. You can use it to record gameplay.
- You can play multiple games at the same time
- Easy to use
- You can customize your controls
3. Game Loop
This is another free emulator that people use to play games like Call of Duty Mobile. You don’t have to register or open an account to use the emulator. Developed by Tencent, you can only find it on the Game Loop website. You cannot download it from the Google Play Store. But this is a minor inconvenience.
- The emulator guarantees the security of your data
- It is free
- You can play high-end games like Call of Duty and PUBG
- It doesn’t support other types of apps
4. Android Studio
This emulator was created with developers in mind. Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux, it has a code emulator and compiler. You can still use it as an Android emulator. It will download and run Android apps. But it also doubles as an app development tool.
- It supports app development
- It works on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- You can use the logcat tool to identify runtime errors
- It is slow on older machines. You need a laptop with decent specs
This is a simple emulator that can sync across your connected devices, simplifying the process of transferring apps from your android device to the emulator on your computer. You can also download apps from a desktop browser on a mac.
The emulator is free despite all the features it offers. It can run hundreds of games.
- You play games on a computer using your mobile phone as the controller
- You can access social media and messaging apps
- It supports PlayStation and Xbox controllers
- Easy to use
- The setup file is large
This is a great emulator for developers that want to test their apps before they upload them to an app store. The emulator allows visitors to use it for 60 minutes for free.
Once that period expires, they must pay 5 cents per minute. It has over three thousand Android devices for developers to choose from. Genymotion isn’t for gamers. You can’t download games.
- It is compatible with Eclipse and Android Studio
- It can emulate thousands of Android device configurations
- You can use the webcam on a desktop to record screencasts.
- It isn’t cheap
- You can’t play games
7. Prime OS
This emulator has a desktop interface that gives users access to a whole slew of Android applications. It makes dual-booting easy (Just one click). Unlike Genymotion, Prime OS provides a memorable gaming experience.
- Promises a better performance than its rivals
- Great gaming experience
- Dual boot with a single click
- It doesn’t have official support
- It runs the Android LTS build which is dated
This is a free emulator that works on windows, mac, and Linux. Rather than an independent program, ARChon is a Chrome extension. It takes a while to master the emulator. But on the positive side, as an extension, the emulator is as lightweight as they come. It supports every Android system. You can run applications and play games.
- Installation is easy because the emulator is a browser extension
- You can run apps and play games
- The emulator is complicated. It may take beginners a while to understand the process of editing APK files.
9. Ko Player
This free emulator will bring all the applications, features, and functions of an Android device to your Windows or macOS computer. It has an intuitive user interface and functions that enable users to record videos. You can play games using the keyboard and mouse or a gamepad. For the most part, it is lag-free.
- It doesn’t have ads despite being free
- You can record and share gameplay
- The emulator is safe and secure
- The design requires additional refinement
Bliss isn’t an ordinary emulator. If you boot your computer from a USB stick, Bliss will run your computer. Though, the USB installation method is complicated and not worth it for people that do not understand what they are doing.
The open-source emulator has numerous customization and power-saving options.
- The emulator has reliable security features
- It can reduce your battery consumption
- It can run your computer
- The taskbar has problems
- The sleep state is unreliable
Related: Droid4X Emulator for low-end PCs
Despite what some people think, emulators are not illegal. You can use them to run Android apps and games on your PC and Mac without facing any legal repercussions. The applications above are definitely the best android emulators for PC and Mac on the internet.
They stand out because they have been thoroughly tested. Some emulators, such as BlueStacks, have stood the test of time. People trust them because they have spent so many years providing a reliable service. If you need an Android emulator for your PC and Mac, one of the options above will satisfy your needs.